Rooster Today, Feather Duster Tomorrow is dedicated, and committed to, to finding a way to find common ground with our family, friends and neighbors within the U.S. Breaking down partisanship and the ugly divisions that now describe America is essential. We are divided rural vs. urban, well educated vs. poorly educated, old vs. young, native-born vs. immigrant, white vs. people of color, one religion against another, Democrats vs. Republicans, uncle against cousin . .
“united we stand, divided we fall”
To find common ground, we need to know several things.
- which facts we are going to use,
- where will we find them,
- how will we organize them so we can find them again
- how can we debate our fact-based opinions in a respectful, reasoned way.
Facts and Articles from both National and Local Perspectives
- The Rooster Today Home page is not a news site, there are lots of those types of websites to visit. This Home page is updated daily with curated articles, intended to be the most important ones for us to remember. Articles are all from mainstream media – Washington Post, New York Times, The Guardian – and will be organized by topic so articles can be read by topic to illuminate history and patterns over time.
- The How Government Works header describes how government works with a focus on the cabinet members, their backgrounds and perspective. Cronyism, secrecy and conflict of interest is a major problem today, especially with the focus on rolling back regulation. The FCC has a separate page as their actions matter so much to our daily lives now.
- The Trump Administration header focuses on specific aspects of the Trump administration, primarily the ones that appear to have the most far-reaching, serious impact on democracy and free speech.
- Another Rooster Today header is labelled Media and describes journalism and the media – the changing and essential role of a free press.
- Under the Topic header is a list of the most critical Individual Topics, with an emphasis on the economy, healthcare and education.pages.
- Under the State header are individual state pages that dive down to a deeper level of detail– who to contact, who to join, what to do, where to go and talking points for issues.
- The Daily News page displays all of the articles sorted by all topics of interest, not just the main ones. There are many more topics and many more articles on this page that have not been featured on the Home page.
- You can sign up for the newsletter on Rooster Today Contact page.
- The National Calendar header lists organizing events, phone calls, and marches
- The List header has links to many useful sites and resources
- Media sites and their bias
- Watchdog organizations
- Fact checking sites and fact checkers
- Organizations to donate to and support
- Political Contributions — companies and individual
- Movies to see
- Documentaries to watch
- Books to read
At the end of the day, we should be ready with facts, to go out and talk to our family, friends and neighbors as we campaign, make phone calls, protest, march, take a walk, have a beer, share a laugh, make new friends, bridge family divides, and reconnect with our fellow Americans.
Thanks for being a friend to me and to others